Learn What Our Patients Are Saying About Us. Read Testimonials and Reviews.
Children Dentistry Trivia For kids and Parents
- The better the mother’s oral health, the less the chance the baby will have problems.
- Kids in prehistoric times likely did not suffer with tooth decay.
- The first nylon bristled toothbrush with a plastic handle was invented in 1938, less than 100 years ago.
- Bacteria on fingers or toys that babies chewed on for relief may cause diarrhea and fever during teething.
- Tooth enamel is the strongest substance in the human body; because it’s so durable, healthy tooth enamel protects teeth from cavity-causing oral bacteria.
- In the pacifier versus thumb debate, the AAPD votes for pacifiers over thumbs to comfort new babies. A pacifier habit is easier to break at an earlier age. The earlier a sucking habit is stopped, the less chance the habit will lead to orthodontic problems.
- An average American will use 14 inches of dental floss every year. Not very much! Teach kids the importance of daily flossing.
- Unlike bones or other parts of the body, teeth are incapable of self-repair. This is why receiving fillings and other dental work is necessary to protect teeth from further damage.
- The first set of false teeth were discovered in the 8th century BC.. The 1950’s heart throb James Dean had no front teeth! He wore a bridge.
- Tooth decay is actually classified as an infectious disease because it is caused by a particular strain of bacteria passed between multiple people.
- Today’s tooth fairy needs a lot more silver than she did in 1900, when she left an average of twelve cents. In 1998, the tooth fairy left an average of one dollar. In 2013, the going rate for a lost tooth reached an all-time high with an average of $3.50.
Pediatric Dentist – Children Dentistry serving Corona, Eastvale, Norco, Jurupa Valley, Riverside, California