Dr. R. James Richardson II

Pediatric Dentistry

Infancy through the College Years


pediatric dentist for grandchildren

Do Grandparents Need a Power of Attorney to Take Grandchildren to the Dentist?


Dental Consent Form for Grandparents

Learn What Our Patients Are Saying About Us. Read Testimonials and Reviews.
Grandparents are playing an increasing role in the care of young children in our Corona, Eastvale, Norco, Jurupa Valley, Riverside, Inland Empire community. Grandparents have assumed the role of parent to ensure grandchildren receive dental care and grow up with beautiful happy smiles. Many other grandparents also care for children while parents are at work, for a few hours when needed, or during a difficult period such as a divorce.
In all such instances, grandparents may need to take a child to a pediatric dentist for either routine dental care, such as check-ups, or for emergency treatment.  If the grandparent is not the legal guardian or custodian, they will need an authorized consent form by the parent for dental treatment. California Medical Consent Act provides a tool that can help resolve these problems.
The California Medical Consent Act allows a grandparent, step-parent or legal custodian to authorize another person to consent to medical, dental or mental health care for children by completing and signing a simple document.  The relative or family friend that is named may consent to a child’s medical, dental, surgical, developmental, and/or mental health examination or treatment, and may have access to any and all records, including insurance records regarding such services.
The California Medical Consent Act creates a procedure where children can get the necessary dental care without affecting the rights of the full-time caregiver, whether it be the child’s parent, stepparent, or a grandparent who has legal custody.  The Act also protects physicians, dentists, and insurance providers.
Call our office to receive copy of the Dental Consent form or DOWNLOAD HERE
pediatric dentist for grandchildren

Pediatric Dentist – Children Dentistry serving Corona, Eastvale, Norco, Jurupa Valley, Riverside, California